Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hectic

So lots has been going on since my last post in February. I am going to be an auntie!! My sister is due 9/22 with a bouncing baby boy and we are super excited for his arrival. We had her baby shower for her 8/11 and now we are just anxiously awaiting his arrival. Wildman is growing like a weed. Literally. He has gotten so big over the summer. Up and out. LOL He got to spend the summer with his Popal and the biscuits and gravy for breakfast each morning have left their mark on him. It's pretty cute because for years he was such a bean pole, to see him chubby is just funny. We go the the Dr today so I am anxious to see how much he has gained since his last visit and how much taller he has gotten. He is almost looking his Granny in the eyes. He started 4th grade this year and so far all is well. We took him to Mammoth cave for his birthday and he had a blast. He got to go horseback riding for the first time and absolutely loved it and has now decided that he wants a horse. Unfortunately with the lack of rain that won't be happening for him this year as we are going to be pushing it to have enough hay to get the cattle and goats through the winter. Of course Deerhunter mowed a little patch to get a few more square bales and what did it do but rain on it yesterday. I mean seriously?? Is that what we need to do to get some relief from the drought? I washed and cleaned up my car on Sunday figuring that would get us some rain. LOL Speaking of Deerhunter he has FINALLY after 16 long years gone to dayshift. It's been an adjustment for everyone but it is wonderful to finally be "normal". Plus as of 3/16 I got a promotion and am now working in the Quality Control branch. Things are looking up for us. Wildman finally got himself a bow. He had been saving since Christmas and we took him about a month ago to get one and get it set up for him. Which has now made me miss shooting a bow. I had been shooting Dad's on and off but the draw length was a bit long for me to shoot it properly so we went over the weekend and ordered me a bow. I can't wait for it to get here. I'm such a girl, LOL, my new bow is black with a hot pink string. :o) It's a Bowtech Heartbreaker. I won't be able to deer hunt this year with it but I can shoot with my boys and be ready for next year. Look out. I'm sure I will be dangerous. LOL My Dad had to have surgery yesterday and is in the ICU right now and hopefully they have all of his issues fixed and he can finally start feeling better. He has been having stomach issues since January and they finally did surgery yesterday to find out what was wrong and fix it. Other than that everything is going great. All of the critters are good. Mia is as spoiled as any one dog could possibly be. Bowser is finally adjusting to his new home and all of the loving that he never got in his other home. Mr Hank is, well, he is just Mr Hank. I think he still misses his Mama as I do, but we are getting along just fine. It's hard to believe that 10/6 it will have been a year since we lost her. I miss her everyday. I see so much of her in Bowser that it's just uncanny and still sometimes want to call him Ginger. We did finally get a new to us computer. An awesome friend of mine gave us her old desk top computer to use. We just couldn't see spending the money on another lap top right now. I guess that's all for now. I know I say it all the time that I will try and do better about blogging, it's just hard to find the time. Hopefully I can squeeze in some time to update at least a little more frequently than every 4 months. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment