Thursday, December 6, 2012
Life with a 9 year old who thinks he 18
Shew, things have been a bit testy around the house with the Wildman. Not sure what is going on in his 9 year old brain right now. If he doesn't get himself in line he is going to end up getting up on Christmas morning to nothing under the tree. I really hate to be like that but we are at a loss on how to get him under control. He has become so mouthy it's unreal and can't give any type of reason for being that way which makes it all the more frustrating. We've taken things away from him and it seems like he could care less. He got mad at me last night because I would let him take the big ol' Tonka dump truck to the barn and threw it down then proceeded to kick off his boots and have one heck of a tantrum. I really thought we were past that "stage". I guess not. I have to basically follow him around every morning to keep him on task just to get dressed and ready for school. I refuse to dress my 9 year old but sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to avoid a fight in the morning, but I know that isn't teaching him anything. We have tried laying out clothes the night before so that all he has to do is put them on and even that seems to be an ordeal. By the next morning he doesn't "like" what we laid out the night before. What do you do?? This morning I made Deerhunter get him up at 5am when he got up so that he had a full 2 hours and 10 minutes to get dressed and ready for school. It seemed to work out OK this morning but really?? I just don't think it should take him that long. I guess we will give this a try for a bit and see how it works. If it keeps me and him from battling every morning it's worth it. We'll see I guess. Stay tuned.............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment