Wildman came home with some super exciting news last week. He was chosen as student of the month. WOW!! We are so proud of him and let me tell you the power of positive reinforcement is amazing. I have never seen him so excited about anything. He got recognized at the PTSO meeting on Tuesday and received a certificate and gets to go to a pizza party next month. He has been like a totally different kiddo. He has improved so much in school it's amazing. Wildman has been acing his spelling tests and multiplication quizzes. Which by the way I find it ridiculous that they are teaching them the stuff that they are in the 3rd grade. They are learning things now that I didn't do until middle school! Seems to be going OK but it seriously boggles the mind. Mommy and Daddy just couldn't be more proud of accomplishments.
Deerhunter has been in full-on hunting mode. He killed a really nice buck earlier in the week and has definitely put in more than his fair share of time in the woods for it. Me on the other hand not so much. lol I went out opening weekend and am planning on going out this weekend but haven't had any luck yet. So far Deerhunter has the only kill on the place.
We have began looking around for a possible puppy addition to our little family. It has gotten some better getting over babygirl being gone but my heart still aches for her daily. MrHank has become even more rotten than ever if that is even possible and he and Stash have made up and become best buds. If I'm on the couch they are piled up in my lap and most of the time poor Stash is giving MrHank a bath. LOL I've never seen anything like it. Deerhunter hates the Mustache Cash Stash with a passion so he doesn't see the cuteness in it like I do. LOL He just grumbles. Oh, well, I think it's terribly cute/sweet.
Well, I guess that's about it for now. Hopefully I will have some success in the woods this weekend. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment