Howdy strangers! I am going to make it a new years resolution to be good and post to my blog more regularly. :o) We'll see how long that lasts. Things have been busy busy busy and crazy around here. I'll try and catch you up.
Wildman is in the 2nd grade and doing absolutely fabulous. So far this year we have only had 1 red light. This has to be some sort of new record. :p He is loosing teeth left and right, we are up to 4 missing now. He's so terribly cute with all of his missing chicklets. This fall has proven to be a "wild" one to say the least and has pushed me to the point of a nervous breakdown. On October 27 wildman and I decided we just had to have pumpkins to decorate. First mistake. We headed off to Wally World and got pumkins, paint, etc.... Second mistake. Had a fleeting moment when I put the pumpkins in the car where I thought it would have been funny to strap them in with seatbelts. hehehehe 3rd mistake Hit a deer on the way home and did almost 3 grand in damage to the poor trailblazer. This was the first in a horrid series of events that would unfold over the next week. Ok I'm gonna get off track for a minute and backpeddle. Over the month of October I noticed something odd with the #11. Everytime I looked at my cell phone to see the time it was always something 11. When we hit the deer it was 8:11. My paranoid tendancies started to set in. hehehe
Back on track. November 1st was a pretty normal day for the most part. The hubs and Wildman were home hanging out since school was out mon and tues for election day. I had talked to hubby and they were riding around in the woods looking for a place to put a deer stand. All was normal, this is just what they do. Then I get a call from the hubs at 3:23 and all I could make out was for me to tell Dad to come and get them. He sounded like he had a truck sitting on him and I could here my baby boy screaming and crying in the background. Mama freaks out. I finally got out of him that they had turned the 4wheeler over on them. I freak out ALOT at this point. I'm crying on the phone with Dad and trying to get him to understand that he HAD to go get them and they were hurt. Luckily my boss drove me home as I was in a state of panic. By the time we pulled in the driveway Dad had my boys loaded in the truck and we were off to the ICC. Hubs was having trouble breathing and we were concerned about broken ribs and Wildman was sitting in the back seat with his litle arm propped up on a blanket. Luckily hubs had rolled him out of the way for the most part but turns out he had broken his wrist. Luckily no broken ribs for hubby he was just banged and bruised up. They were both SOOO lucky. The entire situation could have been so much worse. Wildman had to have a cast and it was on 4 weeks and he is good as new.
My popal passed away 11/3. He had been in the hospital and transitioned into TCU after a couple weeks. He went in with pneumonia and the prognosis wasn't good from the begininng. While in the hospital he got a staph infection and was pretty much unresponsive the entire time he was there. He was a great man but had been lost the last 6 years without the love of his life. He lived a good life but was never the same after Granny passed. I take comfort in knowing that they are together now as they should be. I love you both and miss you every day.
I did manage to avoid having a nervous breakdown during the first week of November. LOL Knock on wood things have gotten back to as normal as things ever are in our house. We are super busy all the time with the critters. The latest count on barnyard critters: 9 pigs, 52 chickens, 1 big black bull, 6 steers, 3 heifers and 1 jersey nurse cow, 9 goats (that are all prego and due in the spring). and a partidge in a pear tree. hahhahahahaha
We aquired a new member of the house in August. I may have already blogged about himi but if not, we have a new cat named Stash. Seriously the cat looks like Hilter. He has a mustache and goatee. I will have to post a pic.
Oh, yeah. We sold the camper too. We were sad to see it go but we weren't getting to use it so we sent it to a new home. :o)
I am so glad that the holidays are just about over. We'll get new year's out of the way and start off the new year with a bang.
Well, I guess that's about it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment