Wow, a lot has happened since my last post. Our family has grown by 2. After we lost Ginger we knew we would get another dog, but wanted to give ourselves time to grieve her. We had been looking around to find a potential breeder when Deerhunter came across a woman in Indiana who had pups that would be ready the 2nd week in January. So, we talked to her and set up a time to go and see the pup. Of course we were immediately taken with the little furball and put a deposit down on our little girl, now known as Mia. We would be able to pick her up January 13th. In the meantime I get a call from our local animal shelter that they had an owner surrender of a 10 year old schnauzer. I saw his pic on-line and the shelter agreed to let us bring him home for a couple of days to see how he would do with the rest of the critters. So, I went and picked him up. On the way there I got to thinking about how his age and being local was kinda strange and began wondering who surrendered him and if he could be one of our pups from Ginger. She had her first litter in 2001 which would be feasible with his age. So I get to the shelter and saw him. He looks just like Ginger. I asked the girls there who had surrendered him and sure enough it was the lady I had sold him to 10 years ago. Needless to say I got emotional and couldn't believe it. He's now a permanent member of our family. There was no way we were gonna send him back to the shelter. So now we have a Mr Hank, Bowser, Mia and Stash. We have our hands full to say the least. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world although Mia seems on most days to be possessed by the devil. ;o)
Our hard drive in the computer crashed and I lost everything that I had saved on there including pics. I will post some pics of our new furbabies as soon as I get everything lined out on the computer. We had to replace our hard drive and it's been quite stressful to say the least getting things back on the computer. Luckily i had saved everything from when we bought the computer so I was able to reload all of the software, we just lost all of our personal files that we had stored.
Wildman is doing great. He is beside himself having a puppy in the house. :o) He called me at work yesterday just completely excited about the fact he had pulled a tooth on the bus and the tooth fairy would be coming to see him. Then later that night he asked me if me and Daddy were the tooth fairy. :o( I of course said no that the tooth fairy was real. I'm not ready for him not to believe that yet. School is going good and he is progressing along really well. Apparantly he has a head for math, which he in no way shape or form gets from Deerhunter.
We had a really good Christmas and New Year but are glad that the holidays are over with for another year. I spent the first part of this week painting the Wildman's bedroom to go with the new comforter that Granny and Popal got him for Christmas. His room looks pretty awesome if I say so myself. ;o)
Well, it's time to watch UK so I'm all done for now. I will try to get some pics uploaded this weekend and I know I always say I will do better about posting and never do but I will try.
Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment