Monday, June 22, 2009

Long time...........

Been away for awhile. :o) Busy busy busy we are around here. T-ball is FINALLY over. All day Saturday at the field, sun burnt but a ton of happy kids makes it all worth while. DeerHunter is working crazy hours so me and Wildman are just hanging out. Jo Jo cooked dinner for us tonight. YUM Chicken pot pie. Last night we convinced Dad to cook for us as the night before that. Now we aren't totally mooching mind you. Saturday night we provided the chicken and corn on the cob, cabbage from the garden and Mom made potatoes. Last night dad just through our stuff on the grill with theirs along with you guessed it more cabbage. LOL Today Dad called and when I told him we were eating with Jo Jo he just busted out laughing and said he couldn't believe I had gotten out of another night of cooking. :o)

The cows are getting fattened up and ready to send off to the slaughter house. Full freezer here we come. Mind you I will be sad to see them go but we are getting burned out on deer all the time. We'll be getting a couple more bottle feeders in the fall for next year.

I've got the honeysuckle wine brewing in the back room. It's been moved to the carboy for a month. That was quite adventurous watching Deer Hunter and I cyphoning the wine from one container to the other. It should be good to go by Thanksgiving. I promised Grandpa G some wine and he is brewing up some beer for us. :o) Blackberries are coming on now and we are going to pick and freeze them for our next batch of wine. I need to just get another kit so that I can have 2 batches going at the same time. I bought the last one at the liquor store when I got the one I have.

2 comments:

  1. My husband would be so jealous of your life. The best I can say we do is started our first vegetable garden. It is doing extremely well and we cannot wait to see the veggies come in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wine brewing sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete