Thursday, June 25, 2009

It finally happened................




Got the call today from school to come pick up Wildman. He needed stitches. He had fallen in the bathroom coming out of a stall and the floor was wet. Busted himself pretty good. I didn't see it until we got to urgent care and they took the bandage off. My stomach started churning. I'll have to figure out how to get the "before stitches" pic off of my phone. He was such a brave little fella and never cried until they gave him the shot of lidocaine in the wound to numb it. Before it was all said and done, Mommy was standing outside the room about to pass out drinking ice water and sweating and poor Wildman was put into a "papoose" to hold him still. Once they gave him the first shot it was all over with him being calm which is perfectly understandable. Hell I couldn't take it and I was only watching. I would come back in and hold his hand and rub his little head and then the queasiness would take over again and I'd have to step out for a minute. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm older or the fact that it was my little boy laying there on the table, I'm guessing the latter of the two but I was mess. Poor Deerhunter was stuck at work showing people around and didn't get to be there for this "first".


So we have 3 stitches (that was all they could manage to get in) and no swimming for 8 days. Yikes!! We leave for the lake on Wednesday. It'll be fun trying to tell him why he can't get in the water. I've also posted a pic of him at Taylorsville 2 weekends ago. You can see it's going to be really really hard to keep the kid out of the water. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment