Well, it's been pretty busy around here. Summer is in full swing. Camping, gardening, farming you name it. The cows met their maker on Thursday. We should have a freezer full of beef in about 7 days now. It was very sad to see them go especially since we had raised them from babies. They were barely 100 pounds when Deer Hunter packed them off of the truck and when they left they were right at 700 pounds each. We still have 2 puppies left to sell. I am waiting on someone right now to come and pick up the the 3rd one.
Wilman has been just that WILD. He is thoroughly enjoying his summer minus the stitches of course. Him and Daddy and Popal Mickey have been spending oodles of quality time together dragging stumps out of the bottom and whatnot. We picked cucumbers and squash out of the garden this morning. By tomorrow I will be making pickles.=/ Tonight Dad is smoking a chicken and something else for dinner. LOL We'll be having lots of fresh veggies from the garden too. Then it's on to play cards with friends.
Camping is on the agenda for next week. we are going to try out Herrington lake. Should be fun times. We are leaving on Thursday and I can't wait. We don't have much time before Wildman will be going back to school (August 6th) can you believe it!!?? We don't even feel like we've had a summer break. Wildman is going to be in the 1st grade! ACK!! It's just craziness.
We are hoping to squeeze in a trip to Holiday World before he has to go back to school. We'll see if we can't get that job done. LOL
I always get sad when I think about how the meat I consume was a living thing...but such is the food chain.
ReplyDelete