Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy Day

Well, today I went for my 2nd opinion Dr. visit with Womens First of Louisville. It went very well and I'm not sure why I'm surprised at the outcome, but I'm still in shock. The Dr. was super nice and very informative. We spent almost an hour talking about my "situation". Before she found out what size the cyst was she had said we had a couple different options. First was a shot that completely shut down the production of estrogen and stop the growth of the endometriosis, 2nd was remove the cyst/edometrioma and I can't remember the 3rd. LOL Once she found out the size of the cyst surgery was the only option. She asked what mine and Deer Hunters "plans" were as far as children goes. We just want for this roller coaster of female issues to be over so she stated that my best option was to undergo a hysterectomy. The other Dr. had said that they would try to leave my ovaries to avoid throwing me in to menopause. She told me today that leaving anything would only allow the endo to keep coming back. Soooooo I am scheduled for a complete hysterectomy on March 16th at Baptist East. Right now it is scheduled for 1:15 but they are pretty certain that they will be able to move it to earlier in the day once O.R time is freed up. So please say a prayer for me and the fam. Doc is confident all will be fine and go good but there are always surgical risks. I'm fine with the decision, I was just not mentally prepared for this to happen today. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it's come down to a hysterectomy. You must be going through so many emotions right now. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete