Saturday, January 15, 2011

Do you think..............

Your kid spends too much time at WalMart when you tell him that Granny and Popal went to a retirement party and he asks "at WalMart"? LOL I am thinking maybe yes. I mean I know that Wally World is awesome but for the kiddo to think that everything takes place there. May be a bit strange. lol

We've had a good day today. The weather has been so much nicer. It's pretty bad when hitting the 40 degree mark makes it feel like a heat wave. I actually didn't feel like a popcicle when I came back from the barn tonight from taking care of the critters. My chicks have gone crazy. They know it's time to eat as soon as they hear the barn door slide open and when you go into the stall you get attacked by 28 little feathered beasts. They peck at my shoe strings and refuse to move out of the way until I toss them some feed on the ground. I think Deerhunter pays a bit more attention to them when he is down there. I talk to them and all but he gets down and messes with them and they LOVE the attention. He made them a roosting pole the other day. Apparantly if they don't learn young to sleep on a pole they will just sleep on the ground. Who knew. I hope we haven't made them retarded by not getting them a pole up until now. They are almost 4 months old now. hehehe The big girls could care less about me coming and going in the hen house. They get mad cuz I steal their eggs. It's like a game with them. For awhile this summer they started laying everywhere trying to throw us off. With it being so cold right now and them not coming out their laying places are few and far between. Egg production has picked up though. We are averaging about 4 per day and were actually able to sell a dozen and still keep 18 for ourselves. Can't wait to see what it's like this summer when the chicks start laying too. We'll hopefully have eggs running out our ears.

Well, New Moon is on and I need to get my Edward and Jacob fix for the evening. Plus I've got some crocheting projects to finish up.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment