Thursday, January 15, 2009

Amish Bread

It's not a wonder that Deer Hunter and I struggled with our weight. :o) We LOVE bread. Last night I had 5 amish starters to deal with. I made 2 loaves of the friendship bread and 3 of the sour dough. We've been freezing the friendship bread for later use and so I won't be baking bread during the summer. We eat on the sour dough as I make it because it doesn't freeze well. Both of us have put on 5-10 pounds over the holiday season and are now trying to do better but all this baking just isn't condusive to good eating habits. I've still got more to bake tonight as I ran out of flour and sugar so I'll be making a grocery run today at lunch.

Alex had a good day yesterday at school. He helped me with the bread making last night. Pretty much just licking the spoons. LOL The kid loves dough! I guess he gets it natural cause I love it too. This morning before work I kneeded and punched down my sour dough and it will be rising today for us to have for dinner tonight. I can't wait!!!!! Alex was hanging around last night asking me if I was making his FAVORITE bread. LOL

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what I was doing too! Imagine that! I am going to make more friendship bread too and freeze it. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete