Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Video Games and Recipes


Today was quite the nasty day. This morning Wild Man and I almost busted out tails on the icy porch heading out to catch the bus. I had to get my sour dough bread ready to "rise" for the day. Deer Hunter is probably going to be starting a new schedule on Monday. We'll know more by the end of the week.
Right now Wild Man is playing his V-smile and I'm cooking up some sour dough bread which brings me to my recipe.
Amish Sourdough Bread
1cup sugar 1/2 cup oil 1tsp salk 1 1/2 cups warm water 1 cup of amish batter 6 cups of bread flour
Mix all ingredients thouroughly. Oil bottom and sides of large bowl and put in dough and let rise overnight at room temp. In morning punch down the dough and divide into 3 equal balls and kneed each 8-10 times and put into 3 greased and floured pans. Brush with oil and let stand 4-5 hours or all day. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, cover with foil after browned.
Deer Hunter has already left for work and Wild Man and I are going to settle in to watch the Biggest Looser tonight. YEAH! Oh yeah, Wild Man got a smiley face at school today. Whoopi! We think yesterday was just bad since it was the first day back from being off for 2 weeks. Heck even I was grumpy yesterday to have to go back to work. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment